iPhone apps are increasingly becoming an essential gear not only for great travellers, but also for the people living in the city. Here is a list of some of the best apps I have come across for Barcelona.
- TMB Virtual (TMB): augmented-reality app to make access to public transport easier: find quickly the transport you need, plan your route, locate the transport closest to you and find out how much time is left until the next bus passes.
- Barcelona Metro Map (TMB): app for travelling and planning journeys around Barcelona: route planner, location of nearest stations…
- BCNBus (TMB): displays the expected arrival time for TMB buses in Barcelona.
- Bus Turistic Virtual (TMB): augmented-reality app to locate all of the Barcelona Bus Turístic stops and points of interest closest to you.
- Bicing: it lets you know the availability of bicycles and anchors to better plan your trips.
- Barcelona Street Map: offline street maps of Barcelona (No WiFi, 3G and GPRS connection required).
- CityMaps2Go: offline map app to download worldwide maps such as Barcelona or Catalonia map and once downloaded use them any time and anywhere (no 3G or WiFi required).
- Barcelona Guide (mtrip): travel guide packed with tons of places to visit, personalized and automated trip itineraries, offline maps and navigation, augmented reality and trip sharing.
- Barcelona Travel Guide (Lonely Panet): reviews, recomendations, sights, striking images and interactive maps to discover neighbourhood and plan your itinerary in Barcelona.
- Barcelona “At a Glance”: a selection of the most important points of interest in Barcelona.
- Time Out Barcelona: track down the bestbitson-the-go, featuring the lowdown on great museums, attractions, restaurants, bars, arts, entertainment and nightlife for Barcelona.
- Gaudi’s Barcelona (Turisme de Barcelona): the official guide to Barcelona’s Gaudí landmarks.
- Barcelona Audioguide (Play and Tour): over 100 sights, monuments and points of interest.